Tuesday 12 July 2016

OMG Major Major Throwback - Who remembers PAPA SAN??

Found myself singing this very old song this morning, in all honesty I never really thought this was a serious song.. I sing it sometimes, but just as a jump in to my childhood memories.

Since it's a Tuesday and because Google... ;)
I typed in "naahhhh I cant take it no-more song" on the search panel *LOL*, and 'Papa San' came up, with 'Maddy Maddy Cry' as the first result of a YouTube link.

PAPA SAN

Papa San - Maddy Maddy Cry (Lawd mi can't tek it no mo)

So I got very curious to now know the lyrics because "can't take it no-more" was all I remember knowing on this song. Googled the lyrics so that I can sing along with the YouTube video.
And these are the lyrics, never in a million years could I have thought this could be what the song was saying:

"Lawd me can't tek it no more, give me back the woman that you give me before
Lawd God me can't tek it no more, give me back the woman that you give me

After half pint tek wey me girl Winsome, laugh after me and tek it for funThen me go back and talk to blossom and she gone left me tru no money naw runSearching for a girl and me couldnt get none, when mi find one she said me hav fi Pay downNow me confuse and mi no know wey fi tun, an a goin back a bag an go a New Kingston


Lawd me can't tek it no more, give me back the woman that you give me beforeLawd me can't tek it no more, mi cry and mi cry till mi eye dem sore


Mi first girl gone and they say a mi fault, and the rest of dem say me dirt too saltIf she just came and hear what mi a say do you think mi a sit down and a bawl so todayI wish she could come along and spend some time, only that alone could mek me feel fineOnly God knows that mi really need her, an the reason mi a cry mi no want to kill myself


Lawd me can't tek it no more, give me back the woman that you give me beforeLAWD! Me can't tek it no more, mi cry and mi cry till mi eye dem soreLawd (sobbing)Lawd me can't tek it no more, give me back the woman that you give me before


Move from me back you no know how mi a feel, you think a idiot business, this is realMan just cool and just leave me alone an come out a mi yard and the whole a you go home


Lawd! Me can't tek it no more, give me back the woman that you give me before

LAWD! Me can't tek it no more, mi cry and mi cry till mi eye dem sore
(Unintelligible sobbing)
Lawd me can't tek it no more, give me back the woman that you give me beforeLAWD! Me can't tek it no more, mi cry and mi cry till mi eye


After half pint tek wey me girl Winsome, laugh after me and tek it for fun\Then me go back and talk to blossom and she gone left me tru no money naw runSearching for a girl and me couldnt get none, when mi find one she said me hav fi Pay downNow me confuse and mi no know wey fi tun, an a goin back a bag an go a New Kingston


Lawd! Me can't tek it no more, give me back the woman that you give me before
LAWD! Me can't tek it no more, mi cry and mi cry till mi eye dem sore."


No comments:

Post a Comment